Best Vintage Fashion Influencers You Should Know

Best Vintage Fashion Influencers You Should Know  

I am Crazy Fan to Vintage Fashion. Thus, I decided to open up my " Influencers You Should Know" blog series. In the series, I will share some not very known but very charming influencers to you. Their vintage fashion style impressed me and gave me lots of ideas for my daily makeup and clothing.

Also, I will mark the clothes and fashion accessories they wear in the photos, you can click the brand and see whether they are under your fashion taste or not?

Sweetie Girl in Paris

Angiekyra is an editor living in Paris

Her clothes, accessories, and makeup are both close to the 1940s-1950s.

Her photos are full of France romantics and always impressed me with the vintage style she loved. Her post never lost the ability to make me smile.

The dotted dress she wears in the photo is from the brand - Princess Highway


What is Fashion Style in 1940s-1950s?

The most common silhouettes were a fitted bodice, nipped in waist and full skirt. In contrast as the decade progressed narrow pencil like silhouettes became equally as popular. There was a move from the androgynous styles and square shoulders of the 1940s to a feminine rounder less structured shape.

The skirt portion of most fifties dresses were full. They fell from the waist with narrow open pleats, evenly spaced or in bunches or small even gathers. For evening wear you might find more of a full circle style heightened glamour. For pencil or wiggle styles look for thicker fabrics and high waistlines.

Skirt lengths were usually around 27”. 


Let me know if you’ve found any new blogs to follow – I hope you have! As these are my personal favourites, not yours; Are there any other lesser-known influencers you want to suggest? Let me know in the comments!


Comments

Popular Posts